The Triangle commuter rail project would:
- Run up to 43 miles along North Carolina Railroad Company corridor.
- Connect West Durham to Garner or Clayton.
- Stop at downtown Raleigh, N.C. State, Cary, Morrisville, Research Triangle Park and downtown Durham
- Carry an estimated 7,500 to 10,000 passengers a day.
- Return $5 billion in GDP and 50,000 jobs over 20 years for every $1 billion invested, according to APTA.
Commuter Rail Benefits
Who is involved?
- Wake, Durham, Orange, Johnston counties
- DCHC MPO
- NC CAMPO
- Research Triangle Foundation
- North Carolina Railroad Company
- You! – We need your input throughout this process. Click here to learn how to get involved.
Become a Commuter Rail Insider
Join our email list to receive the latest news & updates.